Plum and Cinnamon Crumble Cake
Every once in a while a great cake comes along that has the ability to make you famous among your friends and family. This is such a cake.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Drain the Wattie’s Black Doris Plums well and then squash or cut in half and remove the stone. Leave in the sieve to drain while making the cake.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Add the eggs one a time and beat well after each addition.
3. Sift 2 cups of the flour and baking powder together and stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Spread 3/4s of the mixture on the base of a well-greased and paper lined 23-24cm spring-form cake tin.
5. Arrange the plums over the base of the cake mixture.
6. Add the coconut, cinnamon and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to the remaining cake mixture and work together to form crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the plums. Bake for 1 hour. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Reviews & Ratings
Have your say...
Join the for Baby Club
The materials published on this website are of a general nature and have been provided for informational purposes only. Always consult your medical practitioner or a qualified health provider for any further advice in relation to the topics discussed.