Chicken Casserole Cheesy Mash
Here is a classic chicken casserole the family will enjoy. The carrot, celery and parsnip are quite traditional vegetables in casseroles but this recipe will work well with whatever you have. Try swede, pumpkin, kumara or potato to add some variety.
1. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken. Remove and place in oven-proof casserole dish.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and parsnip to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Pour in Wattie’s Creamy Chicken Condensed Soup, water or wine and thyme and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour into casserole dish. Cook in an oven preheated to 180°C for 1 1⁄2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and stir in sour cream, if using.
5. Place Wattie’s Cheese Mashed Potato in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes. Stir and serve with the casserole and extra green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 and place in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients but omit the water. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Stir in sour cream if using and serve as directed above.
Reviews & Ratings
Have your say...
The materials published on this website are of a general nature and have been provided for informational purposes only. Always consult your medical practitioner or a qualified health provider for any further advice in relation to the topics discussed.