Country Beef Hotpot
Come home to the aroma of a delicious beef hotpot. This is an easy-to-prepare meal, using a cheaper cut of meat. Long slow cooking is the key and the results will speak for themselves.
1. Turn the slow cooker on to low to preheat.
2. Cut beef into 3cm pieces and place in the slow cooker. Add onions, celery and carrots. Add Wattie’s Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce, water and bay leaves.
3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until the meat is tender.
4. Stir inCraig’s Red Kidney Beans. Cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until beans are hot. Season to taste. Remove bay leaves. Serve with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Prepare as for slow cooker but place ingredients in a casserole dish. Cover. Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours.
3. Remove from oven and add red kidney beans. Cover. Return to oven and cook a further 10 minutes untill beans are heated through and beef is tender.
Reviews & Ratings
Have your say...
The materials published on this website are of a general nature and have been provided for informational purposes only. Always consult your medical practitioner or a qualified health provider for any further advice in relation to the topics discussed.