The rich taste of tomatoes with delicious basil pesto will boost any Bolognese, making it deliciously authentic and a real winner at the any dinner table.
1. Heat a dash of oil in a heavy based pan. Quickly brown mince with the onion. Add mushrooms.
2. Pour over Wattie’s Italian Creations Tomato & Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until mince is cooked.
3. Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with freshly chopped herbs and grated Parmesan cheese, with a salad on the side.
* Cook pasta in a saucepan with plenty of lightly salted boiling water, according to packet directions until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
* To add variety, stir through Wattie’s Creations Italian Style Frozen Vegetables 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Have your say...
The materials published on this website are of a general nature and have been provided for informational purposes only. Always consult your medical practitioner or a qualified health provider for any further advice in relation to the topics discussed.