Wattie’s have been making baby food for Kiwi babies since 1958!
Here’s how it’s made:
- Wattie’s® baby food is made in our specialist baby food factory in Australia with stringent quality and allergen controls.
- Our baby food recipes are developed by product development specialists who ensure each product is appropriate for baby’s age and stage of development.
- Ingredients are carefully selected to meet our high quality standards.
- Large pots called kettles are used to cook the ingredients. Water used during cooking remains in the food.
- The food is pureed and mashed and produced to the applicable texture.
- Jars, cans and pouches are filled. Then a final heat step in the packaging gives the unopened products shelf life, without the need for adding preservatives.
- Delivering Wattie’s® baby food in a range of flavours and textures for Kiwi babies.
- Wattie’s make a financial contribution to Plunket with sales of select products. Wattie’s and Whānau Āwhina Plunket have been proudly working together to support NZ babies for more than 30 years.