Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Warm Moroccan Chicken and Chickpea Salad
Win over the salad cynic in your life. Our aromatic spice rub and zesty dressing makes this super special − this salad is seriously satisfying!
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets
- zest of half an orange
- juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup Israeli couscous
- 400 g can Wattie's Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
- 120 g bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- 70 g packet whole almonds, toasted
- 12 dried apricots, halved
- Mix the spice rub ingredients together.
- Make small cuts in the chicken breast. Massage the spice rub into both sides. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan bake). Place the chicken on baking paper in an oven dish. Cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked. Remove from the oven when cooked and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. While the chicken is cooking prepare the salad.
- Shake dressing ingredients together in a jar.
- Cook the couscous in boiling water for 5-10 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a mixing bowl. Add Wattie's Chickpeas and stir through dressing. Add baby spinach leaves, toasted almonds and dried apricots and toss gently to coat the dressing. Lay salad onto a serving platter and place the sliced, cooked chicken on top. Serve immediately.