Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Ultimate Beef Burger
Build your ideal beef burger using this recipe and our suggestions for different fillings and patty ingredients.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 4 brioche buns
- Salad leaves
- HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise
- Heat a dash of oil in a small pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until onion is soft but not browned. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together beef mince, cooked onion and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Form mixture in 4 patties. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Brush patties with a little oil. Cook over medium heat on a preheated BBQ or in a frying pan, or under the grill. Cook for 6 minutes before turning to cook the other side for a further 5-6 minutes or until meat is cooked. Allow to rest while preparing the buns.
- Brush the cut brioche buns with a little oil – BBQ to toast or place under the grill.
- Spread the bases of the buns with HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise. Top with salad leaves, burger patty and your choice of toppings. Spoon over more mayonnaise before placing on the lid.
If you prefer, you can add any of the following ingredients to the patties:
- Italian style: ¼ cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes, ¼ cup finely chopped gherkins and 1tsp Gregg’s Rubbed Oregano.
- American style 2: 1 Tbsp whole seeded mustard.
- Spanish Style: 1 tsp Gregg’s Smoked Paprika, ¼ cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes and 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley.
- Thai Style: 2 tsp Gregg’s Thai Chilli and Lemongrass Seasoning and 2 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander.
- Caramelised red onions*
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Swiss cheese
- Pickles or gherkins
- Slices of Brie
- Sliced tomatoes
- Fried egg
- Sliced avocado
- Salad leaves
- Pear slices
- Beetroot slices
- Roasted vegetables – courgettes, capsicum, red onion, etc.
* To caramelise onions – slice 2 red onions. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onions until the start to soften. Pour over ¼ cup balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking the onions until they are sticky and jam like. In place of the balsamic vinegar you can use ¼ cup of unsweetened apple juice.
We’ve used the American style patty and filled the burger with pickles, Swiss cheese, caramelised onions, lettuce and salad leaves.