Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Cajun Corn Potato Fritters
These super corn fritters will make you fall in love again with this Kiwi classic. All it takes is three easy steps to make - perfect for breakfast, lunch or anytime of the day.
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 410g can Wattie's Cream Style Corn
- 410g can Wattie's Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add beaten egg and Wattie’s Cream Style Corn and mix well. Fold in Wattie’s Whole Kernel Corn.
- Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of oil in a non stick frying pan. Place spoonfuls of the corn fritter mixture into the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter. Turn and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until fritters are golden and cooked through. It maybe necessary to add extra oil to the pan during cooking.
For variety you can add any of the following to the corn fritter mixture:
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chives or spring onions
- ½ small red capsicum finely chopped
- 1-2 rashers bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup grated tasty cheese
Corn fritters can be served with:
- Grilled bacon rashers and maple syrup
- Chilli sauce and sliced avocado
- Fresh tomato salsa