Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Asian Coconut Chicken Noodles
Mild Asian flavours the whole family can enjoy. The hardest part is deciding how to eat it: fork, spoon or chopsticks? It’s up to you.
- 125 g thin rice vermicelli noodles
- 350 g thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp minced lemongrass
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp mild chilli puree
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 4-5 cups shredded wong bok (or any Chinese cabbage)
- 270 ml can light coconut cream or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1. Place the noodles in a bowl, pour over boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. In a large saucepan place chicken breast and 1 cup water, lemongrass and garlic. Poach the chicken in this liquid for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. This is now the stock for your soup base. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Into the stock add the chilli, fish sauce, spring onion and wong bok. Cook for 2 minutes then add in the light coconut cream or light coconut milk, chicken and noodles previously set aside and continue heating for another 3 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
4. Serve in bowls garnished with roasted peanuts.