Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Indian Lamb and Lentils
Try this delicious take on an Indian Lamb curry. Cooked with lamb, tomatoes, lentils and cauliflower with authentic Indian spices, this makes a great weeknight dinner (and it has the Healthy Pick!)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 300 g lamb leg steaks, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 410 g Wattie’s Indian Style Lentils
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 200 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 handful fresh coriander or mint leaves, chopped
- yoghurt to serve
- rice to serve
- Heat a dash of oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften. Increase the heat and add the lamb and stir fry until browned. Stir in tomato paste.
- Add Wattie’s Indian Style Lentils and 1⁄2 can of water. Stir while bringing to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add potatoes and continue cooking a further 15 minutes, then add cauliflower florets and cook a further 10-15 minutes until lamb is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Stir through chopped coriander and mint just before serving. Serve with rice and unsweetened yoghurt if wished.
- Replace cauliflower florets with 1⁄2 bag of fresh baby spinach leaves, added just before serving.
- Replace lamb with chicken thigh fillets.