Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Chilli Con Carne
Tasty and full of authentic Mexican spices, this Chilli Con Carne is sure to be a favourite. Cooked with mince and red kidney beans and served over rice or with nachos. Irresistible!
- 300 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 375 g pouch Wattie’s Mexican Creations Chilli Con Carne Simmer Sauce
- 400 g can Wattie's Red Kidney Beans in Springwater, drained
- 1 green capsium, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup Wattie's Creations Mexican Style Frozen Vegetables (optional)
- chopped coriander leaves
- Heat a dash of oil in a heavy based saucepan. Quickly brown mince with the onion.
- Reduce heat and add Wattie’s Mexican Creations Chilli Con Carne Simmer Sauce, Wattie’s Red Kidney Beans in Springwater and green capsicum. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until mince is cooked. 5 minutes before the end of cooking add 1 cup of Wattie’s Creations Mexican Style Frozen Vegetables (if using).
- Serve over steamed rice. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Alternatively cook in a slow cooker on low heat for 4 hours, or in an oven-proof dish at 160°C for 2 hours, adding beans ½ hour before the end of cooking and frozen vegetables 10 minutes before the end.
- For an extra spicy kick, add some chopped fresh red or green chillies to the browned mince and onions.
- Serve the Chilli Con Carne over nacho chips, with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.