Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Chilli Bean and Vegetable Tart
All the goodness of beans wrapped into an easy scone dough make this lovely tart. Make ahead of time and simply heat to serve.
- Cheesy Scone Dough
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup grated Edam cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 - 1 cup lite milk
Chilli Bean Filling
- 425 g can Craig's Chilli Beans (mild or hot)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Wattie's frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels
- 1 handful grated Edam cheese
1. To make Cheesy Scone Dough, preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Sift self-raising flour into a bowl. Stir through the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
3. Stir in the milk to form a soft dough and knead lightly until smooth.
4. Roll the dough out on a floured board to make a circle, approximately 30cm in diameter.
5. Place the dough over the base and sides of a greased 25cm pie dish allowing the edges to hang over.
6. To make Chilli Bean Filling, combine Craig’s Chilli Beans, courgette, red capsicum and Wattie’s frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels. Spoon into the scone lined tin.
7. Flip the scone dough edges over and brush the dough with a little milk to glaze. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until scone is cooked and top golden. Serve sliced with a crisp seasonal salad.
Here's a way to make the scone dough: