Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Pear & Ginger Muffins
Great for picnics and lunch boxes!
- makes 12
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Nurture Toddler Milk
- 2 x 120g cans Wattie’s For Baby Pears (or 1 cup of stewed pears)
- 100g butter (melted)
Method1. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
2. Beat together the egg, Toddler Milk and pears. Stir in into the dry ingredients, alternating with the melted butter.
3. Divide mixture evenly in a greased muffin tin. Bake it at 220ºC for 15-18 minutes or until it raises and cooks through.
4. Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Instead of 12 full sized muffins, you can go for 24 mini ones. You'll only need to bake them for around 10 minutes.