Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
A sweet gooey treat. Use Toddler milk instead of cow's milk to boost the iron in this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk (or try Heinz Nurture Toddler milk - for extra iron)
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Method1. In a medium sized pot melt the butter, then stir in the flour. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and bring it to the boil, stirring all the time. Take off the heat.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients with the rest of the milk in a bowl, then stir it into the pot.
3. Pop the pot back on a fairly low heat and stir it continuously. Once it's bubbling round the edges and looks even, smooth and thick it's ready.
4. Take it off the heat and stand the pot in cold water to cool it.
5. Serve it up in pudding bowls with peaches alongside, or layer it with plenty of chopped fruit in glasses.
Lie a plastic bag over the surface of the pudding while it's cooling - that'll stop it from forming a 'skin' on top.