Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Turkey Meatballs with Tomato and Herbs Sauce
For a festive twist use turkey mince and serve in a Christmas tree shaped design. Or chicken mince can be used for the meatballs instead.
- Suitable for:
- 8 months +*
- Approx. 10 servings of meatballs
- 200g turkey mince or chicken mince
- 1 Tbsp finely grated onion
- ¼ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, finely grated
- ½ courgette, finely grated
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- Pinch of white pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- ½ x 170g jar of Wattie’s Tomato with Herbs Mediterranean Style Cooking Sauce
- ½ cup of cooked rice
- A dollop of natural unsweetened yoghurt
- Soft cooked veggie pieces e.g. broccoli, kumara
Method1. Combine all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix with your hands until well combined.
2. Form mixture into mini meatballs and cook in a lightly oiled frying pan, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
3. Serve a portion of meatballs on cooked rice
4. Pour over warmed Tomato with Herbs Mediterranean Style Cooking Sauce and add a dollop of yoghurt.
5. Serve with soft cooked vegetables on the side as finger foods
* Meatballs may need to be chopped up, so they are an appropriate shape and texture for your baby’s developmental stage.
Remaining meatballs can be frozen for later use. Or serve up to the whole family, for a tasty family meal.
Remaining jar of cooking sauce can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours.