Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Shakshouka (eggs in a tomato sauce)
- Suitable for:
- 8 months +
- 1/2 170g jar Wattie’s® Tomato with Herbs Mediterranean Style cooking sauce
- 1 Tbsp cooked cannellini beans or kidney beans, (no added salt) mashed with fork
- 1 Tbsp carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp Onion, grated
- 1 egg
- Whole meal toast fingers, to serve
Method1. Fry egg in a non-stick pan. Ensure the yolk is broken and cooked.
2. Remove egg and set aside on plate.
3. Cook grated carrot and onion in non-stick pan.
4. Add cooked and mashed cannellini or kidney beans.
5. Stir through Wattie’s® Tomato with Herbs Mediterranean Style cooking sauce.
6. Chop egg into small chunks and stir into pan.
7. Serve with toast fingers.
Always check the temperature before serving to baby. Ensure ingredients are chopped to an appropriate size for your baby’s age and stage of development.