Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Orange Scented Baked Apple with Custard
- Suitable for:
- 8 months+
- Makes approx. 1 portion with additional apple for later use.
- 2 small pink lady apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- ¼ tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp sultanas, finely chopped
- ½ x 120g pouch Wattie’s® ForBaby Strawberry & Vanilla Custard
- 1 tsp cottage cheese
Method1. Combine apples, rind, juice and sultanas in a small baking dish. Arrange apples in a single layer, cover and bake at 180°C for approx. 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
2. For serving, spoon a portion of apples into bowl and top with Wattie's® pouch and cottage cheese.
Refrigerate remaining apples and pouch for another meal. Additional apples can also be frozen in portions for later use.
Substitute apple with pear, peaches or apricots. Add some raisins or dried apricots to the apples prior to cooking.
Add a pinch of cinnamon to the apples prior to cooking if desired.