Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Muesli Teething Biscuits
When those tiny teeth start coming in it's important to have tasty chewable treats on hand. This recipe makes 24 biscuits.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Farex Ground Museli
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp spreadable butter / margarine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup breastmilk or prepared formula
Method1. Mix everything except the milk in a large bowl. Rub the butter or margarine through the dry ingredients until it's all completely mixed together.
2. Add the milk in a thin stream, and mix it as you go. You can stop adding milk the milk when the dough isn't dry and crumbly any more, and you can press it together to make a ball. Roll it into an evenly shaped cylinder around 20cm long.
3. Dip a sharp, serrated knife into cold water and cut the cylinder into 24 slices. Pat them down so they're a little bigger and more even, or you can wet your hands and roll each ball into a small crayon shape.
4. Pop them on a tray lined with baking paper and cook them for 20-30 minutes at 150oC. When they're re lightly browned and hard right the through you can let them cool and store them in an airtight jar.
Baking in bulk is a great time saver. You can always double the recipe and take turns baking with fellow new parents.