Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Apple & Rhubarb with Custard
- Suitable for:
- 8 months+
- Makes approx. 2 portions
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ stick rhubarb, trimmed and sliced
- 1x 120g pouch Wattie’s® ForBaby Strawberry & Vanilla Custard
Method1. Combine apple and rhubarb in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 4-5 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool slightly, then mash with a fork. Refrigerate to cool.
2. Spoon half the apple puree between 2 serving cups. Top with half the Wattie's® pouch and then spoon in remaining apple puree, followed by remaining pouch.
3. Serve one cup to baby then refrigerate remainder for another meal.
Substitute apple and rhubarb with a combination of any of the following fruits; pear, peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines or berries.
Fork mash a banana and stir through custard for a more substantial dish.