Bookmark has been addedView my bookmarks
Slow Cooked Moroccan Lamb
Cold nights are great for the rich flavours of this dish: the great combination and the lemony zing makes this a winter winner.
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (approx. 750g)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 420 g can Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp moroccan seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 300 g can Craig's Chickpeas in Brine, well drained
1. Cut each shoulder chop in half. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry chops until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in an oven-proof casserole dish.
2. Mix together the onion, drained Craig’s Chickpeas, Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Pumpkin Soup, lemon zest, moroccan seasoning, 1 cup of water and add to the casserole dish. Cover and cook in an oven preheated to 180°C for 2 hours.
3. Remove from the oven and serve with rice, a splash of lemon juice and your favourite green vegetables.
Crockpot/Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following step 1 and place in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients but with 1⁄2 cup water. Stir to combine and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Serve as directed above.