This is an oldie but a goodie – Potato Pom Poms on a delicious mince filling, a true Food in a Minute classic.
Pom Pom Pie
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 400g can Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 500g bag Wattie's frozen Potato Pom Poms
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the beef mince, breaking it up with a fork if necessary. Set aside.
2. Add onion to the pan and cook for a few minutes, until it begins to soften. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for a further minute. Return the mince to pan.
3. Sprinkle with flour and mix into the mince. Pour Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes in. Add Wattie’s Tomato Sauce , Worcestershire Sauce, ½ cup of water and dried mixed herbs. Stir well. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add frozen peas. Season to taste.
4. Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish (approx. 23cm diameter). Top with Wattie’s frozen Potato Pom Poms . Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until pom poms are golden and filling is hot.
Try using lamb mince in place of beef.
Browning meat, although not essential, is desirable as it improves the colour of the finished dish and develops flavour, especially in recipes that have a relatively short cooking time.
Reviews & Ratings