All the goodness of beans wrapped into an easy scone dough make this lovely tart. Make a head of time and just heat to serve.
Chilli Bean and Vegetable Tart
- Cheesy Scone Dough
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup grated Edam cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4-1 cup lite milk
Chilli Bean Filling
- 425g can Craig's Chilli Beans (mild or hot)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Wattie's frozen Supersweet Corn
- handful grated Edam cheese
1. To make Cheesy Scone Dough, preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Sift self-raising flour into a bowl. Stir through the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
3. Stir in the milk to form a soft dough and knead lightly until smooth.
4. Roll the dough out on a floured board to make a circle, approximately 30cm in diameter.
5. Place the dough over the base and sides of a greased 25cm pie dish allowing the edges to hang over.
6. To make Chilli Bean Filling, combine Craig’s Chilli Beans , courgette, red capsicum and Wattie’s frozen Supersweet Corn Kernels . Spoon into the scone lined tin.
7. Flip the scone dough edges over and brush the dough with a little milk to glaze. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until scone is cooked and top golden. Serve sliced with a crisp seasonal salad.
Here's a way to make the scone dough:
Reviews & Ratings