Comfort food at its best. Enjoy the flavour of homemade lasagne to enjoy with the family any day.
Pumpkin Spinach Lasagne
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and cut in 1-2cm dice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 400g can Wattie's Extra Chunky Tomato and Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 350g bag Wattie's frozen Free-flow Chopped Spinach
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or Edam cheese
- 1/2 x 400g pack fresh lasagne
- 1/2 cup cold water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, cook pumpkin and onion until golden and tender. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Combine cottage cheese with egg and thyme. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine Wattie’s Chunky Tomato and Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce with water, mix well.
3. To assemble, cut 3 sheets lasagne to fit a lasagne-style dish (2-litre capacity). Spoon a quarter of the pasta sauce into the base and place one sheet lasagne on top. Cover with half of the cooked pumpkin mix and half of the Wattie’s frozen Free-flow Chopped Spinach . Spoon over a quarter more pasta sauce and spread with half of the cottage cheese mixture, sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers, finishing with a lasagne sheet. Spoon over remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated mozzarella.
4. Cook for 35-40 minutes or untilgolden and the pasta is tender.
Note: If using dried pasta sheets add an extra 1/2 cup water andcook for an extra 10 minutes.
If using dried pasta sheets add an extra 1/2 cup water and cook for an extra 10 minutes.
Reviews & Ratings