Little tarts or one big one – great for picnics, parties or shared meals.
Pesto Tomato Cheese Tarts
- Preparation Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30-45mins tart size dependant
- Makes 6 tartlets or 1 large flan
- 2 sheets pre-rolled savoury short pastry
- 400g can Wattie's Pesto Style Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup grated Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped sage
1. Cut the grated pastry sheets to line either 6 x 13cm small loose-bottom tartlet tins or one 24cm loose-bottom flan tin.
2. Line the tartlets or flan with baking paper and fill with dried beans, rice or baking blind beans. Bake blind at 200°C until the pastry begins to lightly brown on the edges. The tartlets will need 10-12 minutes and the flan 12-15. Remove the baking blind material (beans or rice and paper) and return the tartlets or flan to the oven for a further 3-5 minutes or until the pastry is well cooked.
3. Spoon 1-2 Tbsp of Wattie's Pesto-Style Tomatoes into the base of each tartlet or spread the whole can into the large flan.
4. Mix the vintage cheddar cheese, yoghurt and herbs (if using) together and dot evenly on top.
5. Bake the tartlets for 15-20 minutes and the large flan for 35-40 minutes at 190°C until the cheese is golden.
Serve hot or cold.
Reviews & Ratings