This creamy Chicken Casserole is wonderfully comforting food, so satisfying and super easy too. I hope your family like it as much as mine does.
Lana's Chicken Casserole
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 420g can Wattie's Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, parsley, thyme), tied together
- 1 cup Wattie's frozen Baby Peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions begin to soften.
2. Place chicken in with the onions. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle rice over chicken.
3. Mix together Wattie’s Condensed Creamy Chicken Soup , boiling water, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce , lemon zest and juice and salt. Pour over the chicken. Add the fresh herbs. Cover and cook for 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Five minutes before the end of cooking add the Wattie’s frozen Baby Peas .
Serve garnished with chopped parsley and seasonal vegetables on the side.
Simply wipe with a clean, slightly damp cloth or paper towel to clean mushrooms, as they may discolour if soaked in water.
Reviews & Ratings